Hi again all! Hope all is well with y’all back home.
This will be a pretty quick post. Yesterday was a slow start to the day and another visit to Disneyland. Yep, of course we were going for two days. So rather than give a blow by blow description of things, let me bombard you with photos and some miscellaneous highlights from the day.
– We finally got to see the REAL parade… twice! Even though there was a little smattering of rain, we got the real deal this time. Needless to say it was suitably cool and kitsch all at once, and there were LOTS of photos taken
– Crowds were down today, I’m guessing mainly due to the crazy rain that was flying around in the morning. But for the most part through the day we stayed pretty dry. It meant that getting onto rides was way easier. Woot!
– As a consequence we rode everything again, and even got to do Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters 5 times. Did I redeem myself? Briefly. At one point I was easily reigning champ with a score of 632,000 points. Kate proceeded to score in the high 600’s next time around. Oh well. At least I was champ for 5 minutes.
– I rode the Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups sans Kate. Not as much fun solo, but they still rock.
– Lots more photo ops with characters that will no doubt please my niece and nephews
– We made fools of ourselves as per usual.
– I ate something kinda wrong
– We also had to do a lot of souvenir shopping as well. And boy howdy was it tiring! More so that the rides. I have to say after staring at every possible item of Disney merchandise, I hit the wall big time. When you have so many options of what to get everyone, it starts to do your head in. But we soldiered on.
And with that, our Disneyland experience came to an end. Boo. But I’m sure we’ll be back.